iPhoneZA on Facebook iPhoneZA on Twitter iPhoneZA on Instagram iPhoneZA News RSS Feed Contact Us « stay in touch

Thread: El Capitan public Beta

El Capitan public Beta

Hello - please can someone help. I have tried everything and am at my wits end

I installed El Capitan public beta version on my 2014 MacBook Pro retina. Had no issues really until version 4 update on Tuesday. Then all the problems started

It never completed / finished the installation of the update. I had to eventually format drive and reinstall El Capitan again from a bootable flash installer

Have tried 4 times again with no success and had to keep repeating the process from beginning to end.

I am beginning to believe this is a hardware issue that is somehow suddenly becoming apparent with the update. Any help will be so appreciated

Apple Devices
    MacBook Air 11" Mac Mini x2 iPad Air Apple TV x3
    Have you tried Installing Yosemite? That might be the safest option to make sure that the USB installer of El Capitan is not corrupt.

Not really an option - all my time machines are now in El Capitan. Stupid I know. I found the culprit. I think Apple put up the wrong version of beta 4 update on the app store

Apple Devices
    MacBook Air 11" Mac Mini x2 iPad Air Apple TV x3
    Quote Originally Posted by djb_bet2win View Post
    Not really an option - all my time machines are now in El Capitan. Stupid I know. I found the culprit. I think Apple put up the wrong version of beta 4 update on the app store
    Something to consider for the future is to partition your Mac and install beta software alongside the existing OS. You can transfer all your apps and settings from the existing OS and use the Beta as per normal with the old OS still available when needed. Holding down the Option ⌥ key during startup allows you to choose between OS's.