iPhoneZA on Facebook iPhoneZA on Twitter iPhoneZA on Instagram iPhoneZA News RSS Feed Contact Us stay in touch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ntv

Apple Devices
    MacBook Pro 13" iPhone 3Gs:4S:5S
    Just rerun the demo and it's better with the telkom account

*edit* still with some buffering tho
    Last edited by Stalker; 05-05-15 at 07:10 PM.
    iPhone4S
    MacBookPro 13

Apple Devices
    MacBook Air 11" Mac Mini x2 iPad Air Apple TV x3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    You are correct my lSP is Axxess uncapped and international is 1094 and my telkom account runs at 3490
    Axxess and Afrihost are the same company. I moved back to Mweb after my issues at Afrihost. It was worth it since I get the exact same speeds for both local and international on Mweb. Besides streaming, Afrihost was awesome with downloading i.e http and torrents always ran at max line speeds.

If you want it primarily for F1 and footie, you could just go for the "English Package", which is the cheapest. It has all the Sky channels in HD. However, you will need at least 10Mps for decent HD streaming without buffering.

Apple Devices
    I've been using the english package for some time now, but we are stuck on a 4mb line here which is the maximum that the exchange can do, so now and again get some buffering from time to time.
    iPhone4S
    MacBookPro 13

I've been using the english package for some time now, but we are stuck on a 4mb line here which is the maximum that the exchange can do, so now and again get some buffering from time to time.
    Out of curiosity, do you experience buffering only on the HD channels, or also the SD channels? Any specific times of day when the buffering is worse?

Apple Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you experience buffering only on the HD channels, or also the SD channels? Any specific times of day when the buffering is worse?
    Almost never on the SD channels only now and again if someone else in the house is looking at youtube. This weekend my wife was talking to our son in Chile on FaceTime with video and the sports channel was streaming perfectly. So it appears to be hit and miss.
    iPhone4S
    MacBookPro 13

Almost never on the SD channels only now and again if someone else in the house is looking at youtube. This weekend my wife was talking to our son in Chile on FaceTime with video and the sports channel was streaming perfectly. So it appears to be hit and miss.
    Thanks, I had similar experience as well on ADSL. Only problem is, once you get used to the HD streams, SD is a huge step back, even if only viewed on a PC monitor. I would imagine it would look terrible on a TV.

Apple Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Thanks, I had similar experience as well on ADSL. Only problem is, once you get used to the HD streams, SD is a huge step back, even if only viewed on a PC monitor. I would imagine it would look terrible on a TV.
    Actually no it actually looks very good through ATV. As soon as my exchange is upgraded then I'll get 10Mb and watch only HD. If i'm the only one online then it's great.
    iPhone4S
    MacBookPro 13

Actually no it actually looks very good through ATV. As soon as my exchange is upgraded then I'll get 10Mb and watch only HD. If i'm the only one online then it's great.
    Didn't even think of trying it with ATV, just assumed it would not look great. Will definitely give it a try, thanks.
    Do you use any specific app on ATV, or just play through the NTV website?
    Last edited by Audi; 09-05-16 at 07:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12