iPhoneZA on Facebook iPhoneZA on Twitter iPhoneZA on Instagram iPhoneZA News RSS Feed Contact Us stay in touch

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: For the hackinosh enthusiast

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Renierp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    1,928

    Game Center Nick
    renierp

    Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi + 4G AppleTV 2 2.6GHz Retina MacbookPr

    For the hackinosh enthusiast

    You can now buy an OS X compatible motherboard. Actually, a motherboard that can run any OS. Looks well worth it!
    http://aol.it/11XbsdM

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    15


    Apple Devices
    iphone 4
    interesting!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annlin, Gauteng, South Africa, South Africa
    Posts
    701


    Apple Devices
    Check signature (list here was to short)
    checked out this board now lol it looks almost exactly like the Gigabyte one's - I think Gigabyte is a better option though, more reliable!

    I've Hackintoshed 3 Gigabyte boards to date and its fairly straightforward except for the Z97 - little more tweaking involved.

  4. #4
    Administrator fxit_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    8,884

    Game Center Nick
    info@iphoneza.co.za

    Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB (Silver), iPad 2 64GB (Black), MacBook Pro 2012 Retina 15", ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Renierp View Post
    You can now buy an OS X compatible motherboard. Actually, a motherboard that can run any OS. Looks well worth it!
    http://aol.it/11XbsdM
    Not sure how I missed this! That looks awesome with the thunderbolt hardware ports etc! Wonder how good it really was. Will have to do some research
    http://twitter.com/iPhoneZA
    http://www.facebook.com/iPhoneZA

    - iPhone 6 64GB Silver
    - MBP Retina 15.4"
    - ATV3

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annlin, Gauteng, South Africa, South Africa
    Posts
    701


    Apple Devices
    Check signature (list here was to short)
    Quote Originally Posted by fxit_man View Post
    Not sure how I missed this! That looks awesome with the thunderbolt hardware ports etc! Wonder how good it really was. Will have to do some research
    lol not like thepost is a year old hahaha

    only problem with that is, that it is Z77 chipset which is now getting old but still solid performance

    Here is the equalvalent of the Gigabyte: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4281#ov

  6. #6
    Administrator fxit_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    8,884

    Game Center Nick
    info@iphoneza.co.za

    Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB (Silver), iPad 2 64GB (Black), MacBook Pro 2012 Retina 15", ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    lol not like thepost is a year old hahaha

    only problem with that is, that it is Z77 chipset which is now getting old but still solid performance

    Here is the equalvalent of the Gigabyte: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4281#ov
    Oh yeah haha thanks for the link! Out of the hackintosh game but oh boy was it fun!
    http://twitter.com/iPhoneZA
    http://www.facebook.com/iPhoneZA

    - iPhone 6 64GB Silver
    - MBP Retina 15.4"
    - ATV3

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annlin, Gauteng, South Africa, South Africa
    Posts
    701


    Apple Devices
    Check signature (list here was to short)
    lol I am in it now big time - addicted! Did quite a few now, laptop and desktop. The Z97N-Gaming5 with 4670k giving me grey hair but finally got that working last night!

    However still like my iMac over the hackintoshes - just the i3 is getting a little slow but still usable - think I need to format with Yosemite when it is available.

  8. #8
    Administrator fxit_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    8,884

    Game Center Nick
    info@iphoneza.co.za

    Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB (Silver), iPad 2 64GB (Black), MacBook Pro 2012 Retina 15", ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    lol I am in it now big time - addicted! Did quite a few now, laptop and desktop. The Z97N-Gaming5 with 4670k giving me grey hair but finally got that working last night!

    However still like my iMac over the hackintoshes - just the i3 is getting a little slow but still usable - think I need to format with Yosemite when it is available.
    That's awesome! Maybe you can start a thread with the latest tools out there, and a few tips for the guys still in the game :P I'm interested to know.

    Oh yeah! I'm waiting for the Yosemite GM
    http://twitter.com/iPhoneZA
    http://www.facebook.com/iPhoneZA

    - iPhone 6 64GB Silver
    - MBP Retina 15.4"
    - ATV3

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone Enthusiast Here
    By Schwartz in forum Introduction Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-04-11, 07:03 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions