iPhoneZA on Facebook iPhoneZA on Twitter iPhoneZA on Instagram iPhoneZA News RSS Feed Contact Us « stay in touch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the HTPC Section - HTPC Fans join in!

Game Center Nick
    Kleinhasie

Apple Devices
    iPhone 5 Black (16GB) iPad 3 Wifi (64GB) MacBook Air 13" MacMini Server
    Nice! do not have HTPC unfortunately however my boss has 2 of them and he seems to enjoy it! will see if I can get some pics for you guys!

Apple Devices
    Iphone 5 16GB (Slate)
    [MENTION=2]fxit_man[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]vinodh[/MENTION] anybody

Hey im having abit of a problem with Plex. Iv installed the Plex Media server on my Hp proliant microserver windows 7 (so downloaded the server for windows). Wanted to add media to it. add the folder containing my movies. about 400 or so movies on the one drive to test plex out. It picks them up and downloads the poster cover art. But it only showing out of the 372 files on the drive it show in plex only 63 of them!

Is anybody using Plex could sure use your help. Why isnt it showing all of the movies? why only Certain ones? Its doing it with Series aswell only Certain ones are shouwing up in the Plex media manager screen. Iv scanned and scanned restart everything. I removed plex removed its directories from registry etc reinstalled it and the exact same thing is happen.

Any suggestions please people?
    Last edited by MFunnell; 10-06-12 at 12:20 AM.

Game Center Nick
    info@iphoneza.co.za

Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB (Silver), iPad 2 64GB (Black), MacBook Pro 2012 Retina 15", ATV3
    Try a "deep" scan maybe by holding Alt and clicking refresh button?
    http://twitter.com/iPhoneZA
    http://www.facebook.com/iPhoneZA

- iPhone 6 64GB Silver
    - MBP Retina 15.4"
    - ATV3

Apple Devices
    Iphone 5 16GB (Slate)
    Quote Originally Posted by fxit_man View Post
    Try a "deep" scan maybe by holding Alt and clicking refresh button?
    Tryed that already.

Sent from iphone 4s Via Tapatalk

Apple Devices
    Iphone 5 16GB (Slate)
    [MENTION=2]fxit_man[/MENTION]

Sorted it out dont worry thank you anyway.

How did you fix it bro?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    -Macbook Air Mid 2011 11" - Mavericks
    -iPad 3 16GB Wifi only - iOS 5.1.1 JB
    -iPod Touch 4G 8GB - iOS 5.0 JB
    -iPod Nano 5G 8GB

Apple Devices
    MacBook Air 11" Mac Mini x2 iPad Air Apple TV x3
    Quote Originally Posted by MFunnell View Post
    [MENTION=2]fxit_man[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]vinodh[/MENTION] anybody

Hey im having abit of a problem with Plex. Iv installed the Plex Media server on my Hp proliant microserver windows 7 (so downloaded the server for windows). Wanted to add media to it. add the folder containing my movies. about 400 or so movies on the one drive to test plex out. It picks them up and downloads the poster cover art. But it only showing out of the 372 files on the drive it show in plex only 63 of them!

Is anybody using Plex could sure use your help. Why isnt it showing all of the movies? why only Certain ones? Its doing it with Series aswell only Certain ones are shouwing up in the Plex media manager screen. Iv scanned and scanned restart everything. I removed plex removed its directories from registry etc reinstalled it and the exact same thing is happen.

Any suggestions please people?
    Sorry about not replying earlier. I only saw your post now. That specific problem has never happened with my Plex setup but I would have guessed that it had something to do with naming conventions and directory structures. Please tell us how you fixed it. Just in case it happens to someone else. Thanks.

VIP Member

Game Center Nick
    b1scu1t7623

Apple Devices
    64GB iPad 2 Wifi+3G, 16GB iPhone 4S, 160GB iPod Classic 6th Gen, 8GB iPod Nano 3rd Gen, 13" Macb
    Don't exactly have an dedicated HTPC but I just plugged in some HDDs into my Apple Airport Extreme and shared them. Anyone on the network can access them. I set up XBMC on my computer so just watching stuff that way.
    I also set up another hackintosh with SABnzbd, Couchpotato and Sickbeard. Installed some programs to automatically copy the new media from the computer to the Airport HDDs and then delete them when they're 24 hours old. Loving it!
    Last edited by b1scu1t; 10-06-12 at 10:22 PM.
    Like a BAWS!

Apple Devices
    Iphone 5 Ipad Air ATV3 Itunes?

LightbulbMy HTPC solution for the Apple TV!!!! iHomeserver!!

Hi all

I am new to the forum but would like to share my HTPC setup.

Initially I had an xtreamer sidewinder which was not only a media player but a nifty NAS connected to my home network, accessible through wifi by my desktop, laptops and idevices.

As result of the conveniences that came with this setup (video streaming, backups and internet acces to files) I wanted more and started researching better solutions and this is what I have currently:

I used an old dell machine and installed Windows Home server 2011 and use it as my media streaming machine, backups (auto) of desktop and laptops. Its a headless machine which i control with a remote desktop app on my ipad, iphone or desktop. But i wanted more, since I had a LOT of movies (currently 2TB) and wanted to have it stream to my apple TV. Now those apple fanboys will know that this is not particularly possible since ATV will only play movies in the itunes library. Yes i have an app (Goodplayer) which will fetch or stream the movie to the app BUT then I found Ihomeserver which means that I have itunes installed on my server and iHomeserver software will manage this instance of itunes to allow my ATV to stream the movies onto my TV!!!! This means that using homesharing the ATV finds the server and instance of itunes under computers (on ATV) and I see all the movies and series in my scanned folders.

But what about movies not compatible with itunes.... well by just installing handbrake the software scans identified folders and automatically converts them!!! It also manages pop up windows in itunes, puts movies into movies category and series into TV shows categories based on the folders scanned!

Other features include remote access so that itunes content can stream to idevice via the internet (unetested by me), autotag movies, DLNA media server for non-apple devices (android, smart tv etc)

Now... my dilemma is what kind of a forum is this if a search of this forum comes up with no hits for this piece of software?

Game Center Nick
    info@iphoneza.co.za

Apple Devices
    iPhone 6 64GB (Silver), iPad 2 64GB (Black), MacBook Pro 2012 Retina 15", ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Now... my dilemma is what kind of a forum is this if a search of this forum comes up with no hits for this piece of software?
    Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Well that's where you come in and share this info with us! Sounds very cool indeed! Will have to check it out.
    http://twitter.com/iPhoneZA
    http://www.facebook.com/iPhoneZA

- iPhone 6 64GB Silver
    - MBP Retina 15.4"
    - ATV3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12