iOS 7.0.4 has been released which fixes a FaceTime bug.
Bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue that causes FaceTime calls to fail for some users.
For more information, see iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Direct Download Links
South African models have been pointed out for SA users.
iOS 7.0.4 IPSW Direct Download Links
For best results, right-click the respective link and choose “Save As”. Be sure the file has a “.ipsw” extension when saved.
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5S (GSM)
- iPhone 5S (CDMA) [South African Model]
- iPhone 5C(GSM)
- iPhone 5C (CDMA) [South African Model]
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A) [Settings > General > About > Model. Models ME798 and ME799 are GSM Rev. A, and any other model is a normal iPhone 4 GSM above]
- iPhone 4 (GSM) [South African Model]
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPad Air (LTE)
- iPad Air (Wi-Fi)
- iPad Mini 2 with Retina (LTE)
- iPad Mini 2 with Retina (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 4 (GSM) [South African Cellular Model]
- iPad 4 (CDMA)
- iPad 4 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad Mini (Wi-Fi)
- iPad Mini (GSM) [South African Cellular Model]
- iPad Mini (CDMA)
- iPad 3 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 3 (GSM AT&T)
- iPad 3 (CDMA) [South African Cellular Model]
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi Rev A) (Rev A model checklist here)
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 2 (GSM)
- iPad 2 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th gen)
- iPod touch (4th gen – iOS 6.1.5)
Update procedure is the same as iOS 7.
1) OTA (Over-The-Air) Update
Settings > General > Software Update. If iOS 7 is available, it will show as an available update. Bear in mind, the update may take a while to propagate (spread) throughout the internet, so this method may take a bit longer while you wait for the update to show up.
2) Update via iTunes
See notes below on using this method. You may also use the direct download links below to update/restore using this method.
- Ensure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes available here (iTunes 11.1)
- Connect your device to your computer using the included USB cable.
- After iTunes opens, select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
- Click “Check for Update” in the Summary pane to check for available updates. (NOTE From Us: If using the firmware files downloaded below, you must hold option/alt (on a Mac) or Shit (on a Windows machine) while clicking update, and then select the .ipsw firmware file you downloaded above.
- If an update is available, iTunes prompts you to download and install the update. Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished.
Direct download is our preferred method if you are going to go the iTunes method and not OTA. You will almost always achieve faster download speeds, and depending on your download manager, you will be able to resume the download if it decides to time out, saving you time and bandwidth.
If you have any issues, post them over on our forums!Share This: