Apple has pushed out iOS 6.0.1 which brings a number of bug fixes and improvements. Many users will be glad to hear that wireless network reliability has been improved in this version.
The update is applicable to all models which support iOS 6 (3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad 2, iPad 3 etc.)
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
– Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
– Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
– Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
– Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
– Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
– Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
– Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
– Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
Update OTA (quickest and easiest method):
To update OTA (over-the-air), simply head over to Settings > General > Software Update. This is the quickest method which uses the least amount of data to download.
iPhone 5 users will have to first download the fixed updater from this section by pressing “Learn more”.
Direct Download Links:
Direct download links are available from the following page – Downloads
Click the discussion link below and ask away.Share This: