UPDATE: V2.2 released!- adds single .mobileconfig files so users can choose only what toggles they want! Please refresh IconSettings page to see the changes.
V2.1 released!- added .mobileconfig files which can now install all icons for you automatically and do not leave blank Safari tabs open!
v2.0 – No internet connection required once the webclip has been added!
NB: For the latest IconSettings release, please go to the IconSettings home page
As featured on Engadget, Gizmodo, Modmyi and more, iPhoneZA presents:
iPhoneZA is proud to announce their very own, first of it’s kind IconSettings
IconSettings allows you to create SBSettings-like toggles on your non-jailbroken iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) for FREE, as opposed to apps such as “Icon Project” which you have to buy for $0.99. This allows you to quickly Toggle system services such as bluetooth, Wi-Fi, brightness etc. in order to save battery, or for whatever other reason!
The full list of toggles are visible from our screenshots below.
To get started, simply visit the IconSettings web page from your iDevice and follow the instructions!
OR simply scan this awesome QR code using a free QR Code reader on your iDevice. Apparently BeeTag works fine for this since it has to open the link in Safari itself, rather than in the in-built web browser of the QR scanner app (thanks for the suggestion Marc )
NOTE: Apparently this only works on iOS5.0 and above.
Instructions (Automatic): – NEW in v.2.1!
– These will install icons automatically in one click and do not leave blank Safari pages open when the toggles are used like the manual method. This may take a while to install so be patient.
– Simply click on a .mobilconfig file below that you wish to install (on the IconSettings page)
– When it prompts for a password, enter your normal lock-password
1) Choose the Settings you would like to add to your homescreen below
2) Click on the link and it will open up in a new page
3) Click the “Cancel” dialog, and then click “Add To Home Screen” as you would normally add a bookmark. – NB: Wait for the icon image to load
4) Change tab back to the main tab and repeat from step 1!
It’s as simple as that!
IconSettings is proudly brought to you by us here at iPhoneZA!
Link: IconSettings home page
If you liked this, please Reddit this by clicking the UP arrow on the left of the title on the reddit page here
DIGG this as well as share it on FB, Twitter and the likes
Video Review of latest v2.0 (thanks TechTechManTV )
Video Review of v1.0 (thanks duncan33303): [note for v2.0 the process is slightly different. See instructions above]